Friday, April 8, 2011

How to get extra something for free at Shake Shack

I know what you are thinking...

I know you are thinking.. "wow yuri, someone's been too lazy to post anything for 14days."

Please! Please don't give me that dirty look!!
I'm sorry! I'm sorry!

Ok, whatever.
Man, I think I am falling into running-out-of-ideas-to-talk-about syndrome that I believe all bloggers face all the time.

Anyways!

So the other day, I was craving burger.
Succulent, meaty, and sexy burger.
It was around 4pm on Sunday.

So what would Yuri do?

Go to Shake Shack!!!
I'm not crazy about that place, to be honest.
I just don't think they are as good as people rave...
That's just me though!!

But I wanted a decent burger without tipping anyone, or being seated.
So I headed to Shaky Shacky.

There were small line, despite the odd time of the day.
I finally got to the cashier, who kind of looked nervous; perhaps it was his first day of work.

I ordered, double shack burger and cheese fries.
Don't judge.

After saying my order, he goes
"do you want everything for your burgerS?"
I caught that he spoke in plural but ignored and said
"no onions"
Then he goes
"Anything else beside burgers?"
I was confused but I said
"um, the cheese fries?"

Then the check-out proceeded.
I wasn't really paying attention and looked back my receipt 2 seconds after he swiped my card.

"WTF $15!!!????"

Apparently he put in extra cheeseburger, as he misheard me when I ordered cheese fries in the beginning.
No wonder he asked me twice and no wonder the burger was plural.

So I went back to cashier to cancel my order.
Obviously he refunded me for the extra cheese burger.

BUUUTTT here's the miracle.

When I got to the counter to pick up my goodies,
the extra cheese burger was waiting for me.

As a good citizen, I told the staff the cheese burger was by mistake.

Staff:  "well, we made it already so you can take it."
Me: "what, er, are you sure?"
Staff: "...yeah. I mean it's free for you."
Me: "I know but um, OK!!!THANKS!!!"


End of story.

The moral: when you go to shake shack, mumble your order so the cashier mishears you and charge you for extra something. Then go back to him and complain so he will refund you while the item is already in the making, and take the free stuff.

What a wonderful world.

No comments:

Post a Comment