Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Technology Rehab

I strongly believe that overuse of technology should be considered a new form of addiction.

I'M NOT KIDDING!
You hear all these teenagers getting arthritis because they text too much or these people who spend 30 hours a day on a web (doing basically nothing) everyday.

I hate to admit but I think I was an addict, until I involuntarily checked myself into technology rehab the other day. Well, more like being laptop and TV less. Thank GOD I still had my smartphone.

So a few weeks back, I had a senior thesis show which I used my laptop to show my presentation.
After repeating same script to explain all the visitors about my project like 50 times,
I was desperate to leave the place to quench my thirst with some cold beer. 

"BEER BEER BEER BEER." as I was saying to myself like an alcoholic on NYC streets, I left the school building. I got home, got down home with a bottle of holy, life-saving, out-of-this-world, and COLD beer, and got ready to watch some funny stuff online on my laptop...

Then I realized..."I FORGOT MY CHARGERRRRRR!!!" in the room I left in desperation.
Frantically, I called everyone. No, it was nowhere to be found.
Next morning, I went to the building at 8am.

The security gave me the "ouchh" face as I was explaining my urgent search to found the charger.
No. Nothing. Called the lost and found. Nothing.


AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I WAS GOING CRAZZZZYYYYY!!!

Fine, I thought, and I ordered a replacement order on Amazon.
It was only 11 bucks!! Amazing, I thought. On top, it would arrive tonight!! YESSSS!!!!
Oh how did I do that without the laptop? well, I thanked school for once for having computers in their labs.
Thank you New School.


I get home later after my internship at night. And there, it was waiting for me....
hah.... we met again...charger...

As the anticipation heightens, I slowly took out the cord and plugged....in.....


Then......IT DOESN'T FITTTTT!!! NOOOOOO!!!! DOESN'T CHAAAARRRGGGEEEE WTFF!!!

There, that was the reason for my technology rehab. I didn't have TV either cause I returned it back to my BF (whom I borrowed it from for a year).
So what did I do the next 3 -4 days or so? mmmm


played with my blackberry (which I can only read emails, check fb, occasionally read news)

The rest of the time, I dedicated it to zoning out, napping, eating, oh, and reading Jane Austin's Emma.
How's Emma? So far she's annoying the bones out of me.


After checking out of the rehab, (after 3 days of waiting and wishing that the charger is right this time) I can proudly say that I am a technology addict again!!!

You guys should try too. I highly recommend it! No really, it will clear your head somehow.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO sounds like a good- idea cant wait to be out of school and away from my computer!
    I have to say I went through something VERY similar, except my headphones had broke... it was music rehab.
    And i'll have to say it was kind of refreshing to walk to school for once without headphones until some crazy man decided to bother me at 7 am in the morning saying he had a chip in his head that would explode.
    Suffice to say my music rehab was short lived and I got myself a new pair within a day.

    I MISS YOU GO-CHAN <3

    xoxo
    kelli

    ReplyDelete