Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Talk like Italians.

Hi!!!

I have been on vacation and hence I have not updated my blog for almost a month.
I know. I know. I don't even wanna talk about it. I've been so lazy. This is shameful and I should probably booed out of the blogging world by now. But as you know, I am shameless and have the balls to update it even after one month of absence. THERE I SAID IT. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW,

Anyways.

I've been in Italy where I'm staying at my boyfriend's house for a while.
It's been so relaxing... and I know I deserve it!!!!
Why? Because I'm Yuri. That's a good enough reason.

What? Yuri, you are an arrogant bitch?
... I kind of knew...I'm sorry...

Ok, so Italy, right.
It's frigging great!! Food, beaches, people and everything!!
Especially people though, I must say, are lovely here.

And it is so interesting to people-watch here as well.
I don't speak much of Italian, but I understand a bit and when they converse, I get the context of what they are talking about. But mostly I understand the context by their body language.

Yes, BODY LANGUAGE.
If you have not known already, Italians are known to express themselves with a lot of gestures.
And I would like to introduce some so that you can pretend like you are talking in Italian. Like me.

Here's the guide for you!!
http://www.alfredocassano.com/buyitaliangestures.html

I went to watch waterpolo game a several times because my boyfriend's brother plays with the national youth team. And I must say, again, it was hand-gesture fiesta during the game.
I mainly saw the "What" gesture (chapter1), "Look at that asshole!" gesture (chapter 1), or "take this" gesture (chapter 3).

Oh yes. They will yell, scream, and protest to the referee AND players. and I'm not talking about the coaches, mind you, I'm talking about the general audience.

It's intense, but definitely entertaining. They also do it when they are watching games on TV.

And me? well, I'm still process of learning. But I definitely learned one very importance gesture that will get you through life.





"I'm hungry."
Please refer to chapter 3.

You learn those gestures, you can probably almost seem like you are speaking Italian.

No comments:

Post a Comment